By Sasu Tarkoma,Matti Siekkinen,Eemil Lagerspetz,Yu Xiao
By Jonathan Rodriguez
By Matthew Connolly,Tony Cosgrave
Using iPhones and iPads: a realistic advisor for Librarians deals library execs a transparent route to Apple readiness. The authors, a librarian and a software program developer at a renowned examine library, mix their adventure in library public providers and cellular know-how to supply easy-to-follow, step by step directions that will help you wake up to hurry on:
- Ensuring that your library web site and on-line assets are iDevice-friendly
- Creating a customized app to your library and making it on hand in iTunes
- Starting an iPad lending program
- Using iDevices for librarianship and library work
- Assessing and advertisements iDevice programs
- Acquiring, configuring, and deploying iDevices to users
- Recommended apps that may assist you and your users
Whether you're employed at a wide educational establishment or a small public library, this ebook will enable you to turn into iDevice-literate speedy and easily.
By Benny Bing
Provides a transparent, coherent evaluation of all significant instant broadband criteria with an emphasis on handling the explosive development in cellular video
802.11ac/ad, 802.16m, 802.22, and LTE-Advanced are the rising broadband instant criteria that provide many strong instant positive aspects. This ebook supplies an obtainable evaluate of many of the criteria and sensible details on 802.11 hyperlink variation, 4G telephone antenna layout, instant video streaming, and clever grids.
Broadband instant Multimedia Networks distills the various complicated instant positive factors in a fresh and concise demeanour in order that the reader can comprehend the most important ideas. issues lined comprise adaptive modulation and coding, orthogonal frequency-division a number of entry, single-carrier frequency-division a number of entry, a number of antenna platforms, medium entry keep an eye on time and frequency-division duplex, transmission, and the body codecs. With instant operators now wearing a miles larger quantity of video site visitors than facts and voice site visitors, the ebook additionally covers adaptive bit price streaming and bandwidth administration for 3D and HD video supply to multi-screen own devices.
Featured chapters within the publication are:
- Overview of Broadband instant Networks
- IEEE 802.11 Standard
- IEEE 802.16 Standard
- Long-Term Evolution
- ATSC electronic television and IEEE 802.22 Standards
- Mesh, Relay, and Interworking Networks
- Wireless Video Streaming
- Green Communications in instant domestic region Networks
Including over a hundred and eighty chapter-end routines and 2 hundred illustrative figures; and obtainable recorded tutorials, Broadband instant Multimedia Networks is perfect for pros and practitioners, graduate scholars, and researchers.
By Nurul Sarkar
While there are numerous books on instant networks, few really quantify the main performance-limiting elements of instant neighborhood zone networks (WLANs) and describe quite a few tools for bettering WLAN functionality. enjoyable those wishes, Improving the functionality of instant LANs: a realistic advisor provides either theoretical heritage and empirical effects for the optimal making plans and deployment of excessive functionality WLAN structures in several residential and advertisement structures.
Useful to scholars, schools, researchers, engineers, and community builders, this must-have e-book not just explains the basics of WLAN platforms, together with WLAN beneficial properties and criteria, yet also:
- Supplies strategic instructions for WLAN procedure layout, modeling, and function evaluation
- Includes radio propagation and placement measurements in addition to simulations for varied community layout scenarios
- Discusses environmental results on WLAN functionality, protocol redecorate for routing and MAC, and site visitors distribution
- Contains a number of illustrations and examples, plus bankruptcy summaries, assessment questions, interpreting lists, mini-projects, an in depth word list, and a listing of acronyms
- Examines rising and destiny community applied sciences, similar to subsequent new release wireless (802.11ac), very excessive throughput wireless (802.11ad), instant mesh networking (802.11s), emergency QoS (802.11u), and vehicle-to-vehicle communications (802.11p)
Improving the functionality of instant LANs: a pragmatic consultant makes the instructing, studying, and discovering of complicated instant community layout and function a extra lively strategy through the use of useful instruments and workouts so as to add lifestyles to this hugely technical subject.
By Christopher Cox
The publication is geared toward cellular telecommunication execs, who are looking to comprehend what LTE is and the way it really works. it's necessary for engineers who're engaged on LTE, particularly people who find themselves moving from different applied sciences reminiscent of UMTS and cdma2000, those people who are specialists in a single a part of LTE yet who are looking to comprehend the approach as an entire, and those that are new to cellular telecommunications altogether. it's also suitable to these operating in non technical roles, reminiscent of venture managers, advertising and marketing executives and highbrow estate experts. On finishing the e-book, the reader can have a transparent knowing of LTE, and should be capable to take on the extra specialized books and the 3GPP requisites with confidence.
Key positive factors -
- Covers the most recent advancements in liberate 10 of the 3GPP requirements, together with the hot features of LTE-Advanced
- Includes references to person sections of the 3GPP necessities, to aid readers comprehend the foundations of every subject sooner than going to the requirements for extra certain information
- Requires no past wisdom of cellular telecommunications, or of the mathematical strategies that LTE makes use of for radio transmission and reception
By Madhusanka Liyanage,Andrei Gurtov,Mika Ylianttila
By Stanislovas Staras,Romanas Martavicius,Julius Skudutis,Vytautas Urbanavicius,Vladislavas Daskevicius
The box of electromagnetics has obvious huge advances lately, in accordance with the extensive functions of numerical tools for investigating electromagnetic fields, microwaves, and different units. Wide-Band Slow-Wave platforms: Simulation and Applications offers new technical strategies and learn effects for the research, synthesis, and layout of slow-wave buildings for contemporary digital units with super-wide pass-bands. It makes on hand, for the 1st time in English, major learn from the earlier twenty years that was once formerly released merely in Russian and Lithuanian.
The authors study electrodynamics, multiconductor strains, and numerical tools for the modeling, simulation, research, and layout of assorted super-wide-band slow-wave constructions, together with helical, meander, and gutter-type structures.
The ebook features:
- The electrodynamic procedure for research of helical buildings containing periodical inhomogeneities
- The multiconductor line procedure for research of complicated helical, meander, and gutter-type wide-band slow-wave structures
- The approach to moments for modeling and research of multiconductor strains containing a constrained variety of strains and meander constructions with restricted length
- Use of robust software program platforms Microwave Office®, MICROWAVE STUDIO®, and MATLAB® for modeling, research, and design
- A synergy of varied equipment for investigating and designing wide-band slow-wave structures
- Solution of particular difficulties with regards to the layout of wide-band and super-wide-band electrodynamic hold up and deflection systems
- Principles of computer-aided layout of slow-wave structures
Presenting the idea, ideas, homes, and functions of wide-band and super-wide-band slow-wave constructions, this publication could be of curiosity to scholars, engineers, researchers, and architects within the fields of digital and microwave engineering.
By Vinod Kumar Khanna
Bringing jointly extensively scattered info, Nanosensors: actual, Chemical, and Biological explores sensor improvement within the nanotechnology age. This easy-to-read booklet provides a severe appraisal of the hot possibilities within the quarter of sensors supplied by means of nanotechnologies and nanotechnology-enabled advancements.
After introducing nanosensor type and basic phrases, the ebook outlines the homes of significant nanomaterials and nanotechnologies utilized in nanosensor fabrication. next chapters are prepared in accordance with nanosensor variety: actual (mechanical and acoustical, thermal and radiation, optical, and magnetic); chemical (atomic and molecular energies); and organic. the ultimate bankruptcy summarizes the present nation of the sector and discusses destiny trends.
A whole and authoritative advisor to nanosensors, this booklet deals updated details at the fabrication, houses, and working mechanisms of those quick and trustworthy sensors. It addresses development within the box, basic concerns and demanding situations dealing with researchers, and customers for destiny development.
By Tony Q. S. Quek,Mugen Peng,Osvaldo Simeone,Wei Yu